Born in 1979, in Madeira Island, Portugal. Having initially graduated in psychology and human resource management, photography is a form of expression and escape from daily routines that quickly turned into a beloved professional occupation.
The goal in each work has always been to capture small moments revealing real emotions, framed in scenarios and natural settings, not built purposefully for the photo, letting a little of my sensitivity and aesthetics in each record.
The style used is therefore a mixture between landscape photography, the area in which I took my first steps with a camera, and photojournalism, which implies following the development of the wedding day in the most genuine way possible, with a minimal intervention from the photographer.
Awards & Highlights:
- Winner of the photo of year award in the category “Unexpected Twist”
- 2 photos in the top 10 finalists in the categories “Family portrait” and “Heroes of the day” in the MyWed Awards 2018;
- Currently the highest ranked portuguese wedding photographer at MyWed;
- Current 4th place in the Fearless Photographers ranking for Portugal;
- 2 Fearless Photographers Awards in 2018;
- 4 photos amongst the “Best of the Year” at MyWed;
- 44 photos amongst the “Best of the Week” at MyWed;
- 19 photos awarded with “Editors’ Choice” at MyWed;
- Golden seal 2017 at Casamentos.pt;
- 2nd place in the VII Santa Maria Maggiore Photography Contest, 2014;
- 3rd place in the VI Santa Maria Maggiore Photography Contest 2013;
- 6th place at the First National Photography Competition from Quercus, 2013.
- Photo published by INSIDER in the article “61 of the best wedding photos taken in 2018”;
- Photo published by the HUFFINGTON POST in the article “32 Award-Winning Wedding Photos That Will Pull You In – Wedding photography on another level”;
- Photo used on a article about Madeira Island in WEDDING, the leading wedding magazine in Russia, September/October Edition, 2017;
- Photo used on article about destination wedings in Madeira Island in MłODA PARA, a polish wedding for young couples, February Edition, 2018;
- Photo cover of Madeira Digital Magazine, march, 2016;
- Photos on the centerfold of Madeira Digital Magazine, october, 2014.
- Photography course, by Inforstudio & IMart8, 2012
- Advanced course in landscape photography, by Inforstudio & IMart8, 2013
- “Can you see the light” black & white photography workshop, by Humberto Almendra, 2013
- Stop motion and time lapse photography workshop, by Daniel Camacho, 2014
- Night photography workshop, by Daniel Camacho, 2014
- Emotional fine art wedding photography workshop, by Nelson Marques, 2015