Born in 1979, in Madeira Island, Portugal. Having initially graduated in psychology and human resource management, photography is a form of expression and escape from daily routines that quickly turned into a beloved professional occupation.
The goal in each work is always to capture small moments that reveal real emotions, framed in natural settings, not built purposefully for the photo, letting a little of my sensitivity and aesthetics in each record.
The style used is therefore a mixture between landscape photography, the area in which I took my first steps with a camera, and photojournalism, which implies following the development of the wedding day in the most genuine way possible, with a minimal intervention from the photographer.
- First wedding photographed: 14-09-2014;
- Number of weddings so far: >100;
- Number of photoshoots: >120.
Awards & Highlights:
- Winner of the international photo of year award at the MyWed Awards 2018;
- Ranked in the Top 20 best photographers in the 2019 spring contest at ISPWP;
- Currently the highest ranked portuguese wedding photographer at MyWed (top 150);
- Current 4th place in the Fearless Photographers ranking for Portugal;
- Current 5th place in the This Is Reportage ranking for Portugal;
- 2 photos in the top 10 finalists in the categories “Family portrait” and “Heroes of the day” at the MyWed Awards 2018;
- 3 Fearless Photographers Awards;
- 3 This Is Reportage Awards;
- 2 Top 20 awards at ISPWP;
- 6 photos amongst the “Best of the Year” at MyWed;
- 57 photos amongst the “Best of the Week” at MyWed;
- 28 photos awarded with “Editors’ Choice” at MyWed;
- Golden seal 2017 at Casamentos.pt;
- 2nd place in the VII Santa Maria Maggiore Photography Contest, 2014;
- 3rd place in the VI Santa Maria Maggiore Photography Contest 2013;
- 6th place at the First National Photography Competition from Quercus, 2013.
- Photo published by INSIDER in the article “61 of the best wedding photos taken in 2018”;
- Photo published by the HUFFINGTON POST in the article “32 Award-Winning Wedding Photos That Will Pull You In – Wedding photography on another level”;
- Photo used on a article about Madeira Island in WEDDING, the leading wedding magazine in Russia, September/October Edition, 2017;
- Photo used on article about destination wedings in Madeira Island in MłODA PARA, a polish wedding for young couples, February Edition, 2018;
- Photo cover of Madeira Digital Magazine, march, 2016;
- Photos on the centerfold of Madeira Digital Magazine, october, 2014.
- Photography course, by Inforstudio & IMart8, 2012
- Advanced course in landscape photography, by Inforstudio & IMart8, 2013
- “Can you see the light” black & white photography workshop, by Humberto Almendra, 2013
- Stop motion and time lapse photography workshop, by Daniel Camacho, 2014
- Night photography workshop, by Daniel Camacho, 2014
- Emotional fine art wedding photography workshop, by Nelson Marques, 2015