Born in 1979, in Madeira Island, Portugal. Having initially graduated in psychology and human resource management, photography is a form of expression and escape from daily routines that quickly turned into a beloved professional occupation.
The goal in each work is always to capture small moments that reveal real emotions, framed in natural settings, not built purposefully for the photo, letting a little of my sensitivity and aesthetics in each record.
The style used is a mixture of landscape photography, in which I took my first digital steps, with the photojournalist style that I have always practiced since I received my first camera at age 12 and finally with my personality, usually discreet, but always well humored. All these 3 perspectives are reflected in my documental style.
The result are photographs without forced artificial poses, full of emotion, accompanying the unfolding of events in the most genuine way possible, always with the greatest discretion but interacting with the bride and groom and their guests so that they feel free to share their special day with me and give me the honor of capturing their day.
- First wedding photographed: 14-09-2014;
- Number of weddings so far: >100;
- Number of photoshoots: >120.
Awards & Highlights:
- Winner of the international photo of year award at the MyWed Awards 2018;
- Ranked in the Top 20 best photographers in the 2019 spring contest at ISPWP;
- Currently in the 1st place in the MyWed ranking for Portugal and top 150 in the World;
- Currently in the 3rd place in the Fearless Photographers ranking for Portugal;
- 2 photos in the top 10 finalists in the categories “Family portrait” and “Heroes of the day” at the MyWed Awards 2018;
- 4 Fearless Photographers Awards;
- 3 This Is Reportage Awards;
- 2 Top 20 awards at ISPWP;
- 8 photos amongst the “Best of the Year” at MyWed;
- 59 photos amongst the “Best of the Week” at MyWed;
- 34 photos awarded with “Editors’ Choice” at MyWed;
- Golden seal 2017 at Casamentos.pt;
- 2nd place in the VII Santa Maria Maggiore Photography Contest, 2014;
- 3rd place in the VI Santa Maria Maggiore Photography Contest 2013;
- 6th place at the First National Photography Competition from Quercus, 2013.
- Photo published by INSIDER in the article “61 of the best wedding photos taken in 2018”;
- Photo published by the HUFFINGTON POST in the article “32 Award-Winning Wedding Photos That Will Pull You In – Wedding photography on another level”;
- Photo used on a article about Madeira Island in WEDDING, the leading wedding magazine in Russia, September/October Edition, 2017;
- Photo used on article about destination wedings in Madeira Island in MłODA PARA, a polish wedding for young couples, February Edition, 2018;
- Photo cover of Madeira Digital Magazine, march, 2016;
- Photos on the centerfold of Madeira Digital Magazine, october, 2014.
- Photography course, by Inforstudio & IMart8, 2012
- Advanced course in landscape photography, by Inforstudio & IMart8, 2013
- “Can you see the light” black & white photography workshop, by Humberto Almendra, 2013
- Stop motion and time lapse photography workshop, by Daniel Camacho, 2014
- Night photography workshop, by Daniel Camacho, 2014
- Emotional fine art wedding photography workshop, by Nelson Marques, 2015